If you’re not happy with your body then your workouts have lost focus.
What is your immediate goal?
If you don’t have a ready answer
then chances are good that your motivation is low and it has resulted in a lack
I know from firsthand experience that operating without a
goal will get you nowhere. Sure, you may still be exercising regularly and
eating mindfully but without that concrete goal your efforts will yield little
1. Setting your goal
You want to be in
“better shape” but that’s so vague. Dig deeper.
What specifically do you
wish you had now that you don’t?
- To drop 3 dress sizes.
- To lose 2 inches of arm fat jiggle.
- To melt 4 inches from your waist.
- To be able to run 3 miles without stopping.
2. Define your timeline
Now that you’ve determined
exactly what part of your body isn’t up to par, tie that goal in with a specific
timeline. When you have a timeline to measure your progress against, you’ll find
that achieving your goal becomes an easier process.
- To drop 3 dress sizes by August 20th vacation.
- To lose 2 inches of arm fat jiggle by October 13th wedding.
- To melt 4 inches from your waist by July 7th pool party.
- To be able to run 3 miles without stopping by June 16th city 5k.
3. Name your prize
It’s time to take your motivation
to the next level. Now that your specific goal is set and your timeline is
clearly defined, let’s add a prize that you’ll receive once you’ve accomplished
your goal. This prize shouldn’t be anything related to your unhealthy habits –
so no junk food or extra large meals. Make the prize an item that will reinforce
your slimmer body, like a nice piece of clothing.
- A couple new outfits for your August vacation.
- A sleeveless dress for the October wedding.
- A new swimsuit for your July pool party.
- A new pair of running shoes for your June 5k.
4. Picture it
You know what you want, when you want
it by, and the reward you’ll get by achieving it. Now spend time picturing your
end goal. Find a comfortable, quiet corner, close your eyes and see a mental
movie – starring yourself – enjoying your reward with your new and improved
body. Play your mental success movie several times throughout the day.
- See yourself enjoying an afternoon of your vacation, wearing your new
clothes with confidence.
- Imagine how you’ll feel walking down the aisle baring your toned arms.
- See yourself lounging by the pool in your swimsuit, carefree and happy.
- Imagine the feeling of accomplishment you’ll feel as you cross the finish
5. Recipe for success
The steps that you’ve taken
above have prepared you to mentally take on the challenge of motivating yourself
through this transformation process. All that remains is a solid exercise and
nutrition plan to push you through to your new body.
This is where I come in.
I’m fanatical about propelling each and every one of my clients
through their own personal body transformation.
Call or email today and I’ll get you started on a program that will make your goals a reality.